October is almost over, and with it the spookiest - and funniest! - night of the year: Halloween . For some years now, this Anglo-Saxon tradition has been installed in our country and there is no doubt that it is one of the festivals that children enjoy the most; However, this year the celebration will be somewhat atypical due to the health situation in which we find ourselves, so it will be necessary to give it a little imagination ...
A different Halloween night
This 2020, Halloween will have to go without the traditional costume parties, but that does not prevent us from having a real scary night at home and with the family ! It's just a matter of getting it on and inventing yourself: a little decoration, a bit of 'terrifying' games and, of course, the costume!
Dressing up is, without a doubt, what children like the most on this particular night of the year, so this year we bring you some ideas for an easy, inexpensive Halloween costume without leaving home! With the basic things that you have in your home, surely you can create something incredible without spending, recycling and, also, having an entertaining time. Involve your children in the process of creating the costume and you will make it a fun family activity !
Ideas for a Halloween costume at home
Clothes: the best resource
Start by rummaging through drawers and cabinets, and salvage old or disused clothing to transform into a costume . You may even just need to decorate a basic garment ! For example, an orange sweatshirt can easily be turned into a pumpkin by adding items on black construction paper; A black t-shirt can be the perfect canvas on which to paint a blank skeleton; Or that black and white striped sweater can quickly transform ... into Bitelchus!
A scary makeup
Another option is to resort to simple costumes in which the absolute protagonist is makeup ; for example, a black and white caravel, the colorful 'Mexican death' or a terrifying green witch. Options there are thousands; But always keep these tips in mind when making Halloween makeup for your children:
- Choose quality products that do not harm the skin of our little ones. Better if they are water-based, to be able to remove them easily later.
- Before starting, apply a layer of moisturizer to avoid irritation.
- Do not forget to remove it before they go to sleep. The best for this is to opt for a cleansing milk or a micellar solution.
Let's create masks!
An alternative to makeup is to have children create their own masks ... This way, in addition, you will get them entertained with a craft , and you can give the costume an original touch.
- Cardboard : you just have to paint on a cardboard, cut out and stick a straw at one end to be able to hold the mask with your hand.
- Felt : this material is very useful to create fun Halloween masks. You just have to cut out, glue the elements with glue on top and put a rope to tie it.
- Balloon : a more elaborate technique that will require your supervision. On an inflated balloon, pieces of newspaper soaked in vinyl glue are placed until they cover half. When it has dried, the balloon is punctured and the mask is ready to paint. Eye! Your children will need your help here to cut out with scissors or a cutter some areas such as the eyes, the ends or the holes to place the rubber.
The classics never fail!
A white sheet that turns into a ghost, bandages for a mummy costume, old clothes and a little makeup for a creepy zombie ... don't forget that there are Halloween classics that are very simple to make and that you always like ! After all, the important thing is that children get into the role and have fun.
With these ideas, you are sure to have a terrifyingly fun family night. Do you dare?